Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Short Easter Reflection on Reconciliation

Below is a meditation I wrote for an email list I manage concerning Reconciliation.

I wanted to share something relating to Reconciliation and Easter that came to my attention this morning.

A friend of mine admitted that she said some hurtful things to a friend of hers, and she was reflecting upon it today on her way to Easter services, and this Scripture verse came to her:

Matthew 5:23-24 "Therefore if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift."

It reaffirmed my position that in order to have Reconciliation on a larger scale, we need to work towards Reconciliation in our own lives. Today, on Easter, and I hope at all times throughout the year, we remember those we may have hurt and wronged, and do our best to try to mend those relationships.

I hope you all have a Happy and Meaningful Easter.

No comments: