Monday, January 18, 2010

Photo Blogging/Ice On Whyte/Deep Freeze/Tweetups

I've been spending some time going through my folders of photos from Boyle McCauley News and other sources, and uploading some of the more interesting ones to my Flickr photo blog. You can find most of them in the set Misc. Edmonton, some of them in Street Art, and a few in Stuff About Me.

On Friday, I checked out Ice On Whyte, which is an annual ice carving festival. Not all of the carvings were ready yet, but what was there was melting fast due to the warm temperatures. I did manage to get some decent shots.

Last weekend, I went to the Deep Freeze festival on Alberta Avenue. It is a really fun event, especially for families with small children. I really liked the French Canadian theme of the second day. Here is a look.

Finally, last weekend I connected with more of my friends from Twitter at not one, but two Tweetups held at the same time, on the same day, in different parts of the city. The first was a girl's night out and the second was a fundraiser for a medical mission to Ecuador. I took a few pictures at both.

No comments: