Saturday, July 26, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

Today was the last service in which Alastair and his family took part. They are moving back to New Zealand to pursue a calling there in the Messianic movement. Alastair is one of the most talented worship musicians and leaders I have ever worked with, as well as an all-around G-dly man. We are going to miss him greatly. The relationship has been mutual -- our congregation would not be what it is today without his contribution, and today from the pulpit he said how much we have supported him and his family in so many different ways. And now, with this ending comes a new chapter in our history as a congregational family, as it means the rest of us in leadership, particularly in worship, have to step up to serve. I'm prayerfully considering G-d's will for my role.

On a different (and very cute) note, during worship today one of the kids just spontaneously ran up to me and hugged me. I thought that was really sweet and it gave me a lift for the rest of the day.

No comments: