Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life is Precious

Life is precious, fragile, and temporary. We never know when we will pass from this life into the next. I got a sobering reminder of this a few days ago, when I found out that a local youth leader lost his life in a vehicle accident over the weekend, leaving behind two small children and a pregnant wife. I went to junior high and high school with this person. Although I did not know him personally (he was a grade or two below me), I knew who he was, and it was a saddening shock to learn of the death of such a young man offering so much to the youth with whom he worked. I've been spending some time in prayer for his family, and spending time giving deep thought to life and its meaning. I keep coming back to the same conclusions: without faith, without G-d, there is no hope.

No comments: