Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Forecast Calls for Showers

On Sunday, I am going to the third baby shower in as many months. It's for the daughter of a good friend of mine, and it's also her third child. Yes, sometimes things come in threes.

Lately I have been feeling more excited and enthuasiastic about being surrounded by children, and being considered an "Auntie." This is the closest I have ever felt to any sort of maternal instinct. You can have a lot of impact on a child's life without being a parent. And you can have a legacy without having children.

Strangely though, recently I have developed a huge longing for a cat. This frightens me somewhat. I guess I don't want to fall into the stereotype of the single, childless cat woman.

However, there are probably worse things to be.

No comments: